Campus Connection – Human Ecology Student Events & Announcements
- Enrollment for Spring 2018 Term | Ongoing
- Fall/Thanksgiving Break | November 20-24
- Health Professions Mock Interviews | November 30 | 5 – 8pm | Berney Family Welcome Center
“In Your Experience…” – Monthly Discussion Questions for Mentoring Pairs
- How did you land your current job?
- Think back to five years ago, did you envision this is where you would be?
- What is the most important leadership lesson you have learned and how is it valuable?
- What new skills do I need to move forward in this industry?
Professional Skills – Networking
“NetWORTHing – Tips on How to Network Effectively.”
- Article by the K-State Career Center: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/networthing-k-state-career-and-employment-services/
- Discuss with your mentor/mentee the importance of building your professional network.
From Around the Web
“What Mentors Wish Their Mentees Knew” from Harvard Business Review
Knowing what you need is the first step; finding the right person is the second.
Your Mentoring Experience – Travel Grant
While long-distance mentoring relationships are highly valuable, meeting face-to-face can assist in strengthening long-lasting professional mentoring relationships for both mentors and mentees. Students participating in the Professional Mentoring Program may be eligible for funds to travel and visit their mentors. Visit the Travel Grant webpage for more information.
Program Updates – Gathering Feedback
We encourage all of our mentors and mentees to complete the post-meeting surveys following each monthly meeting. These surveys are six questions long, and are to be based on your most recent meeting with your mentor/mentee. Links to mentor and mentee specific surveys can be found below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Twitter – follow the mentoring program (@KStateMentoring) and the College of Human Ecology (@KStateHE)
- Blog – be sure to check out our blog at http://blogs.k-state.edu/hementoring/
- WildcatLink – if you have not yet created a WildcatLink account, please visit http://wildcatlink.ksu.edu