Campus Connection – Human Ecology Student Events & Announcements
- Human Ecology Commencement Honors and Senior Awards Reception | Friday, December 7 | 3:30pm | Student Union
- Fall 2018 Commencement Ceremony | Saturday, December 8 | 2:30pm | Bramlage Coliseum
- Applying for Professional or Graduate School | Thursday, January 31 | 5:30-7pm | Justin 247
- Hospitality Career Meet-Up | Tuesday, February 19 | 5:30-7:30pm | Berney Family Welcome Center
“In Your Experience…” – Monthly Discussion Questions for Mentoring Pairs
- Do you have any career related resolutions for the New Year? How do you plan to accomplish them?
- If you weren’t in your current position/career, what would you be doing?
- What is the biggest professional challenge you have faced? How did you address it?
- If you could go back and do anything differently in the early stages of your career, what would it be?
- Does your mentor have a mentor?
Professional Skills – Networking
“How to find networking events worth going to”
- Article by “The Balance” – https://www.thebalancecareers.com/how-to-find-networking-events-worth-going-to-4178849
- The reason to grow your network is clear: the bigger your network, the more likely you are to know someone who can offer career help.
From Around the Web
“How to Choose a Career When You’re Interested in Everything” from The Balance
For many young adults, entering the workforce can be jarring. Throughout your life, you’ve been told the importance of becoming a well-rounded individual. So you tried different activities, studied various subjects, and developed a wide variety of interests. Then you have to pick a career path.
Your Mentoring Experience
To help guide conversation and give you a road map for your mentoring meetings, we have developed a pre-meeting questionnaire designed to prepare mentors for their next meeting with their mentee. The use of these forms is optional. Mentors should provide this form to their mentee if they would like them to fill it out prior to a meeting. If you have any questions or need a copy of the questionnaire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
POST MEETING SURVEYS
We encourage all of our mentors and mentees to complete the post-meeting surveys following each monthly meeting. Your responses are to be based on your most recent meeting with your mentor/mentee.
- MENTEE Post Meeting Survey: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6lrPT8of3jYwFGR
- MENTOR Post Meeting Survey: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0qbjKTWMoHgLgpL
TRAVEL GRANT AVAILABLE FOR MENTEES
Students participating in the Professional Mentoring Program may be eligible for funds to travel and visit their mentors. Visit the Travel Grant webpage or contact Austin Anderson (email@example.com) for more information.
- Twitter – follow the mentoring program (@KStateMentoring) and the College of Human Ecology (@KStateHE)
- Blog – be sure to check out our blog at http://blogs.k-state.edu/hementoring/
- WildcatLink – if you have not yet created a WildcatLink account, please visit http://wildcatlink.ksu.edu