Campus Connection – Human Ecology Student Events & Announcements
- Business Career Fair | Feb 21 | 11am – 4pm | Union Ballroom (open to all majors, AT encouraged to attend)
- Design Expo | March 2 | 10am – 3pm | Hilton Garden Inn (Interior Design students only)
- Education On Campus Interviews | March 5 | 8:30am – 4pm | Bramlage Coliseum (ECE, CSD and FACS students)
- Spring Break | March 19 – 23
“In Your Experience…” – Monthly Discussion Questions for Mentoring Pairs
- What factors do you consider most often when planning for the future?
- If you could start your career over, what is one thing you would do differently?
- Do you have any recommendations for useful courses to take or extracurricular activities to be involved in?
- Do you see any ongoing trends or developments that will affect careers in this field?
Professional Skills – Networking
“7 Questions to Ask Yourself to Pick a Fulfilling Career.”
- Article by “The Balance” – https://www.thebalance.com/questions-to-find-satisfying-work-4129103
- Discuss with your mentor/mentee the importance of finding a fulfilling career.
From Around the Web
“Are You a Problem Solver?” from The Balance
Why problem solving is an essential skill for your career.
Your Mentoring Experience – Travel Grant
While long-distance mentoring relationships are highly valuable, meeting face-to-face can assist in strengthening long-lasting professional mentoring relationships for both mentors and mentees. Students participating in the Professional Mentoring Program may be eligible for funds to travel and visit their mentors. Visit the Travel Grant webpage or contact Austin Anderson (email@example.com) for more information.
Program Updates – Gathering Feedback
We encourage all of our mentors and mentees to complete the post-meeting surveys following each monthly meeting. These surveys are six questions long, and are to be based on your most recent meeting with your mentor/mentee. Links to mentor and mentee specific surveys can be found below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MENTEE Post Meeting Survey:
- MENTOR Post Meeting Survey:
- Twitter – follow the mentoring program (@KStateMentoring) and the College of Human Ecology (@KStateHE)
- Blog – be sure to check out our blog at http://blogs.k-state.edu/hementoring/
- WildcatLink – if you have not yet created a WildcatLink account, please visit http://wildcatlink.ksu.edu