Campus Connection – Human Ecology Student Events & Announcements
- Fall 2018 Semester Begins | Monday, August 20
- Human Ecology Tailgate at K-State Football vs. Mississippi State | Saturday, September 8
- Human Ecology Tailgate at K-State Football vs. Oklahoma State | Saturday, October 13
“In Your Experience…” – Monthly Discussion Questions for Mentoring Pairs
- What is a setback you have had in your career and how did you overcome it?
- Five years ago, would you have envisioned your career as it is today?
- Was there ever a role or position you applied for and landed, but weren’t 100% qualified to do? How did you proceed?
- What is the most important leadership lesson you have learned and how has it proven invaluable?
- What leadership skills have you found most difficult to develop in your career?
Professional Skills – Networking
“10 Important Things Not to Forget When Job Hunting”
- Article by “The Balance” – https://www.thebalancecareers.com/important-things-not-to-forget-when-job-hunting-4160123
- Discuss with your mentor/mentee the importance of being vigilant during your job search.
From Around the Web
“In Pursuit of Work and Life Balance” from The Balance
Strive for balance in your life.
Your Mentoring Experience
To help guide conversation and give you a road map for your mentoring meetings, we have developed a pre-meeting questionnaire designed to prepare mentors for their next meeting with their mentee. The use of these forms is optional. Mentors should provide this form to their mentee if they would like them to fill it out prior to a meeting. If you have any questions or need a copy of the questionnaire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
POST MEETING SURVEYS
We encourage all of our mentors and mentees to complete the post-meeting surveys following each monthly meeting. Your responses are to be based on your most recent meeting with your mentor/mentee.
- MENTEE Post Meeting Survey: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6lrPT8of3jYwFGR
- MENTOR Post Meeting Survey: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0qbjKTWMoHgLgpL
TRAVEL GRANT AVAILABLE FOR MENTEES
Students participating in the Professional Mentoring Program may be eligible for funds to travel and visit their mentors. Visit the Travel Grant webpage or contact Austin Anderson (email@example.com) for more information.
- Twitter – follow the mentoring program (@KStateMentoring) and the College of Human Ecology (@KStateHE)
- Blog – be sure to check out our blog at http://blogs.k-state.edu/hementoring/
- WildcatLink – if you have not yet created a WildcatLink account, please visit http://wildcatlink.ksu.edu