Zoom maintenance was conducted on Wednesday, Sept. 16, to fix problems experienced by many users this semester when using Zoom videoconferencing through K-State Online. A fix was applied to the Zoom tool within K-State Online that will resolve this issue. Instructors will need to re-link Zoom in their courses.
The fix removed the current Zoom link that was in the course navigation. Only the link was removed; no changes were made to any archived or scheduled sessions.
To re-link Zoom, follow these instructions:
- Open your course in K-State Online Canvas.
- On the left-hand navigation menu, click Settings.
- Click the Navigation tab.
- Under the Drag items here to hide them from students, you will find the Zoom app.
- Drag the Zoom app upward to place it under the Drag and drop items to reorder them in the course navigation.
- Click Save.
You and your students can now use Zoom in your course navigation. If you have any questions or problems, please contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.