“NVivo 10 and 11 Advanced” is a follow-up presentation from the “Introduction to NVivo 10 and 11” offered earlier in the semester. This training will be held 1:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, April 29, in 401B Hale Library.
This presentation will address the following:
- any extant questions from the basic introduction of NVivo
- the basics of NVivo 11 (its interface, ingesting multimedia files, and coding data) (a review from NVivo Basic)
- how to set up qualitative data to be explored and queried
- how to set up interviews with attributes for richer data queries
- how to query the collected data in an NVivo project (word frequency counts, text searches, matrix coding queries, matrix queries, proximity text searches, and other forms of text parsing)
- how to create data visualizations (word trees, word clouds, dendrograms, ring lattice graphs, and others) (for analysis and presentations)
- how to use classification sheets to integrate attribute data to interviews and focus group data for more complex data queries
- how to conduct four types of auto-coding (by extracted themes and subthemes, by sentiment analysis, by structured data, and by machine learning based on existing human coding)
- how to create fresh data visualizations
- how to output a basic report (including codebooks)
The presenter will be using the Windows version of the software. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops for this interactive session. The room will be open for this event at 1 p.m. All are welcome. (This event is to replace an earlier event which was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.)
NVivo 10 and 11 site license at K-State
K-State has a site license for NVivo 11 Plus (for both Windows and Mac systems) and NVivo 10 software (Windows) for all faculty, administrators, staff, and graduate students. The license allows two downloads and installs per eligible individual.
The activating license keys may be accessed at K-State NVivo Download with a current eID and password. The software itself should be downloaded from the QSR Downloads page and activated with the K-State license.
Those off-campus and / or undergraduate partners who are working with active and eligible K-State faculty, administrators, staff, and graduate students may be allowed to use the K-State license during the duration of the non-commercial K-State related research project.
QSR international trainings
An additional reference
Those who have already started using NVivo may want to refer to “Using NVivo: An Unofficial and Unauthorized Primer,” which is an e-book built on the Scalar platform that highlights various features of the tool.
If there are any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 785-532-5262. No RSVP is needed.