The spring semester deadline for submitting theses and dissertations to the Graduate School is 5 p.m. Friday, April 20. Electronic theses, dissertations, and reports (ETDRs) must be submitted as PDFs through the K-REx repository.
Abstracts no longer have a word limit. The Graduate School removed the abstract word limit for spring 2018 and on in the ETDR Guidelines (see “Required Sections”). Other webpages and documentation are being updated. The ETDR Handbook and ETDR writing templates will be updated this summer.
Three walk-in ETDR sessions are scheduled April 16-20, the ETDR semester deadline week, for help on Word, PDF conversion, K-REx, etc.
- Monday, April 16 — 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 18 — 3-6 p.m.
- Friday, April 20 — 1-5 p.m.
All sessions are in the Media Development Center, 213 Hale Library (adjacent to the IT Help Desk). The MDC has both Windows and Mac computers, and all have Acrobat Pro for best PDF conversion.
April 16-20 meetings reserved for distance students
During the deadline week, individual ETDR meetings are reserved for distance students and others not on the K-State-Manhattan campus. Phone and Zoom meetings are on a first-come, first-served basis (a computer camera is not needed in Zoom). Use the ETDR Request Form to request meeting times.
Need an ETDR review before K-REx submission?
- All students can use the ETDR Review Checklist. It catches 99% of errors that cause ETDR rejection.
- Any graduate student can email the ETDR consultant via an ETDR Request Form (eID/password required). Attach a thesis/dissertation with the “paperclip” icon near the Submit button. Requests are answered within 24-48 hours Monday-Friday.