Many of the top 10 Information Technology Services (ITS) projects are related to relieving technical debt, where ITS is replacing and retiring outdated equipment associated with the converged infrastructure. Other projects include:
- Duo multi-factor authentication Initiative
- Update and migrate to a new automation infrastructure (CHEF)
- Data warehouse for financial information
- HRIS Peoplesoft application upgrade to 9.2
- Improve the process of software acquisition, customer relationship management and managing the request forms/tasks
Encrypted file transfer – Several business units (e.g., Financial Aid, HCS) have expressed interest in a method for students, faculty, staff, and others to securely send documents. Email attachments are NOT a good solution so ITS is investigating other options and tools. ITS would like to know who on campus has this need and/or how they transfer information securely. What tools or methods do you currently use? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
Chad Currier has been selected as the Chief Information Security Officer. His first day will be April 30.
The IT Strategic Planning Kickoff is April 4. Plante Moran Consulting have been selected as the consulting firm.
The DUO project pilot is about to closeout. Recommendations for future action will be available in May.
The number of compromised eIDs for Jan – March was 131 (in comparison to 614 for the same timeframe in 2017). There were 50 compromised eIDs in March 2018 compared to 150 in March 2017.