Mediasite will be upgraded 5-9 a.m. Tuesday, July 3. Instructors may experience intermittent interruptions of various Mediasite functions (playback, upload, editing, etc.) during the maintenance window.
A variety of enhancements are part of the upgrade, including:
- Adoption of a native Play-Cover image in the player. When the web browser loads a page containing an embedded Mediasite presentation, the player will display the presentation thumbnail under a Play button. Clicking Play will continue to load the player and begin playback. This upgrade alleviates the auto-play issues introduced by recent versions of Safari and Chrome (version 66 and above).
- Support for in-video quizzing. This feature does not integrate with the Canvas Gradebook yet, but will in the future.
- Set default visibility of presentations. Users will be able to modify their profile to choose the default visibility of presentations when they upload or record new content in MyMediasite.
- Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR) will be able to record audio-only and webcam-only presentations, and users can set recording defaults to simplify the creation of subsequent recordings.
- Prompt on presentation visibility. If an instructor attempts to insert a presentation with Private visibility into their Canvas course content, they will be prompted with the option to make the presentation Viewable before they can insert it into Canvas.
- User Channels will become Mediasite Channels, a new way to display a collection of Mediasite content. Presentations inside Mediasite Channels can contain threaded comments and time-based text annotations.
Updated help documentation, video tutorials, and FAQs will be available during the fall semester. In the interim, reference the built-in help guide packaged with MyMediasite.
To learn more about the Mediasite, see the K-State Mediasite website.