The fall semester deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16 for submitting ETDRs (electronic theses, dissertations, and reports) to the Graduate School. All ETDRs must be submitted as PDFs through the K-REx repository system. Use the resources below to help finish by the deadline.
Walk-in ETDR help sessions Nov. 6-16
- Nov. 6 (Tue) — 5-7 p.m.
- Nov. 7 (Wed) — 4-6 p.m.
- Nov. 9 (Fri) — 3-5 p.m.
- Nov. 13 (Tue) — 5-7 p.m.
- Nov. 15 (Thu) — 5-7 p.m.
- Nov. 16 (Fri) — 1-5 p.m.
All sessions are in the Media Center in Seaton Hall, Room 1 (basement level). The center has Windows and Mac computers, scanners, Microsoft Office suite, and Acrobat Pro software to fix problems with PDF conversion.
Review your ETDR before uploading to K-REx
Use the ETDR Review Checklist (PDF, 2 pages) and save time and stress. It catches 99% of errors that cause ETDR rejection by the Graduate School.
Use the ETDR Request Form to request a review by the ETDR consultant. (The form requires K-State eID/password sign-in.) Attach your file with the paperclip icon near the Submit button. Requests are answered by the consultant within 24-48 hours Monday-Friday.
Reminder: ETDR requirements have changed in 2017-2018
- Abstracts no longer have a word limit. The Graduate School removed the word limit this spring. See “Required Sections” in the Formatting Your ETDR webpage.
- Author name must be uppercase/lowercase format (not ALL CAPS) and should match the student’s name shown in KSIS records.
- Copyright line has a symbol, author name, year, and period. Format: © Your Name Here 2018.
- Title format must be Sentence case (not CAPS or Capitalize Each Word). Example: Effects of prescribed fire timing on vigor of sericea lespedeza in the Kansas Flint Hills
- Copyright for Graduate Students (including prior- and post-publication)
- Deadlines for Graduation and ETDR Submission
- ETDR website: k-state.edu/grad/etdr
- K-REx repository: krex.k-state.edu
- Leaving K-State (IT resources you can keep, and what will discontinue)
- Media Center, Seaton Hall, Room 1 (multimedia, imaging, PDF)