Top Hat, a classroom engagement system that has been integrated with Canvas, is growing in adoption at K-State. Many programs and departments are settling on this tool for student engagement.
Information Technology Services is partnering with the Top Hat team for a Top Hat Certification Day on April 25 in the Big 12 room, K-State Student Union. The workshop is designed to help new users decide if Top Hat is the tool for them and for existing users to enhance their skills.
- 9:30 a.m. – Registration
- 10 a.m. – Workshop #1
- 11 a.m. – Case Study
- Noon – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch session (Cottonwood Room) / Interview with a Top Hat representative and K-State faculty using Top Hat
- 1:30 p.m. – Workshop #2
- 2:30 p.m. – Case Study
Topics to be covered in workshop #1:
- Facilitating active learning before, during, and after class.
- How can I leverage all of the Top Hat platform to engage my students?
- General best practices for engaging students with technology.
- Completing a semi-guided case study.
Topics to be covered in workshop #2:
- Using live feedback to assess and increase comprehension.
- Maximizing student attention.
- Flipped learning and active learning.
- Making course content more engaging, customized, and specialized.
Who is the Top Hat Certification for?
Existing or new Top Hat instructors looking to enhance their knowledge of core features and master the tools necessary to meet a variety of learning objectives inside and outside the classroom. Upon completion of the training, you will receive an official electronic certificate.
Registration for the event is required. Top Hat will setup a student account for you for the training day when they receive your registration.
In advance of the session, if you would like to learn more about the Top Hat, Camila Houssian, Kansas State University’s dedicated Top Hat representative, will provide a demonstration. You can contact Camila via email (email@example.com) or schedule an appointment on her calendar.
If you have any questions about the event or Top Hat usage at K-State, contact Scott Findeldei (firstname.lastname@example.org).