The spring semester deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, April 19 for submitting ETDRs (electronic theses, dissertations, and reports) to the Graduate School. All ETDRs must be submitted as PDFs through the K-REx repository system. Graduate students can use the resources below to help finish by the deadline.
A. Walk-in ETDR help sessions are scheduled April 15-19:
- MON April 15, 3-5 p.m.
- TUE April 16, 6-8 p.m.
- WED April 17, 10 a.m.-noon
- THU April 18, 6-8 p.m.
- FRI April 19, 1-5 p.m.
All sessions are in the Media Center in Seaton Hall, Room 1 (basement level). The center has Windows and Mac computers, scanners, Microsoft Office suite, and Acrobat Pro software. Media Center consultants are on hand to help with PDF-conversion issues.
B. Review your ETDR before submission
- Use the ETDR Review Checklist (PDF) to save time and stress. It lists 99% of errors that cause rejection by the Graduate School.
- Ask the ETDR consultant to review your thesis/dissertation and help with formatting. Use the ETDR Request Form (eID/password sign-in) and click the paperclip icon near the Submit button to attach your file. Requests are answered within 24-48 hours Monday-Friday.
C. Be aware that some ETDR requirements changed in 2017-2018:
- Title format must be Sentence case (capitalize first word and names).
Example: Effects of prescribed fires in the Kansas Flint Hills
- Author name must be uppercase/lowercase (NOT ALL CAPS) and should match the student’s name in KSIS records.
- Copyright statement has the copyright symbol, author name, year of graduation, and an end-period. Example: © Abigail J. Adams 2019.
- Abstracts have no word limit. The Graduate School removed the word limit in spring 2018 (see Formatting Your ETDR)> Required Sections).
- Deadlines for Graduation and ETDR Submission
- Copyright Consultation Form
- Copyright for Graduate Students (including prior- and post-publication)
- ETDR website is at k-state.edu/grad/etdr
- K-REx repository to submit theses/dissertations: krex.k-state.edu
- Leaving K-State (IT resources you can keep, and what will disappear)
- Media Center, Seaton Hall, Room 1 (multimedia, imaging, PDF help)