Updates to Canvas were released on June 1. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete June Release Notes.
The following updates have been made in Canvas:
- New Gradebook — On Monday, Aug. 19, the New Gradebook will be activated in Canvas. The New Gradebook offers a number of enhanced features including:
- A better user experience addressing user-suggested improvements
- More flexible and intuitive grading
- Improved accessibility support
- Message Students Who — In the New Gradebook, the Message Students Who window displays names in alphabetical order. This change allows instructors to find student names in the window more easily.
- Compose Field Message Removal — The Compose Message window no longer includes an option to remove previously received messages. The Remove option to each specific message has been removed. This change improves accessibility within the Compose Message window. Individual messages can still be deleted from a conversation in the Conversations window by opening the message, selecting the Settings menu, and clicking the Delete link.