Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration tool that allows users and organizations to efficiently discuss and work on projects and tasks without the need of email, phones, or file sharing applications. This hands-on training will cover:
- Accessing the application
- Exploring the layout of the user interface
- Understanding the purpose for the different levels of communication
- Working on files at the same time as others
- Getting an introduction to some of the additional apps
- Demonstrating the integration to other Microsoft Office applications (such as Word and Excel)
- Getting a brief walk-through of Shifts (scheduling)
More advanced features like Team creation and management will not be covered in this course.
Each training session will be limited to 30 users. Sessions will be held in Calvin 306 computer lab. Sessions are scheduled for the following dates:
- Session 1: November 4, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Session 2: November 7, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Session 3: November 7, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
There will also be onsite training classes at the Polytechnic Campus on November 5 in STC-124. These training sessions will be limited to 20 users. Sessions are scheduled for the following date and times:
- Session 1S: November 5, 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Session 2S: November 5, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.