For the health and safety of all attendees, Instructure is combining their annual InstructureCon event and regional CanvasCon events into one free online global conference. Come together with other Canvas users for professional development, idea-sharing, and skill-building at CanvasCon Online on Thursday, October 15.
A MATLAB and Simulink seminar is scheduled 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Wed., Sept. 11, Business Administration Building, Room 1092 (1st floor near Radina’s). Continue reading “Use MATLAB and Simulink to Model Dynamic Systems”
K-State’s Information Technology Staff were well-represented at the Conference on Higher Education Computing in Kansas (CHECK) 2016 held at Washburn University on May 23-24.
Presenters and presentations included:
- Nick Brown, systems coordinator, and Andrew Kuehler, systems administrator, presented on “Simplifying and centralizing application management in windows”.
- Kathleen Adams, operations center staff, shared insights about “Phishing – not just for days at the lake!”
- Elizabeth Shannon, information security and compliance, presented “Whatddya mean I’m a service provider”.
For more information about CHECK 2016, visit the conference website.
Colleague 2 Colleague has put out a call for “transformational superheroes” working in Summer Institute on Distance Learning and Instructional Technology (or SIDLIT, pronounced “sidelight”) conference. The conference will be held Thursday and Friday, Aug. 4-5 at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, Kansas.
Attend the virtual accessible media, web, and technology conference that is being live-streamed starting today. This conference will give you a basic understanding of accessibility and offer specific strategies and information to help you do your part to implement accessible technology throughout the university.
Checkout the conference agenda. Only sessions from Track A will be streamed. Attend as many sessions as you like (come and go); no registration required. Note the conference agenda is in Mountain Time, which is one hour behind Central Time (8 a.m. session MT = 9 a.m. CT). The sessions below are listed in Central Time.
Today’s room locations are:
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. sessions are in 401B Hale Library
- 4-5:30 p.m. sessions are in 301A Hale Library
The Nov. 19-20 sessions will be in 301A Hale Library.