Effective May 12, 2012, the IT Help Desk will be moving to a billing system as the only payment method for personal computer repairs for faculty, staff, and students. Credit card, debit card, and CatCash payments will no longer be taken at the IT Help Desk.
Once the repaired computer is picked up at the IT Help Desk, a bill will be mailed within 30 days to the local address that is on file or is provided at the time the computer is picked up from the IT Help Desk. This change will allow:
- Customers to set up payment plans for expensive repairs once they receive their bill in the mail
- Parents and/or relatives will be able to help pay for their student’s computer repairs without the need to come on campus
- You will now be able to pay your bill when it arrives using credit card, debit card, check, and cash
When the bill arrives in the mail, payment will be collected by going through the Information Technology Services Business Office. Bills can be paid online at https://www-secure.telecom.ksu.edu/customer-service; in person by going to 109 East Stadium; by mail; or over the phone by calling 785-532-7331.
Question: How do I use Zimbra Briefcase to share folders with others?
The “Briefcase” sharing feature of Zimbra webmail allows you to give other users permission to view files in your Briefcase, even if they do not have a K-State account. Below are step-by-step instructions to quickly share information with others.
Sharing a Briefcase folder
1. In Zimbra webmail, click the Briefcase tab.
2. Right-click the folder you want to share and then click Share Folder.
Continue reading “IT Solutions: Sharing Briefcase folders: Step-By-Step”
With the recent rise in sales of Amazon’s Kindle Fire mobile tablet, the IT Help Desk has seen an increase in K-State customers wanting to connect the Fire to the KSU Wireless network. In response, here’s the following steps to connect.
- Open Settings by clicking the gear icon in the upper right of the screen.
- Select the Wi-Fi option.
- Select KSU Wireless from the listed networks. Continue reading “How to connect the Kindle Fire to the KSU Wireless network”
(This “IT solutions” series started Jan. 30 to address the latest questions heard at the IT Help Desk, where consultants provide quick answers to the most current technology issues. Their goal is to provide impeccable customer service to the K-State community.)
Have you ever wondered if you’re the only person on campus with a particular computer problem? Got a quick technology question and don’t know who to contact? Perplexed, confused, or frustrated by IT? Rest assured. You are not alone. Contact the IT Help Desk at 785-532-7722 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s that time of year again — the dreaded eID password-change period. Common questions such as “What’s the deadline for the spring semester?” (Wednesday, Feb. 8, only a week away) and “What’s the minimum character requirement?” (10) are addressed at Frequently asked questions about eIDs and Frequently asked questions about eID passwords.
Continue reading “IT solutions: eIDs and passwords”