Do these tasks before you leave K-State, or as soon as you receive an email notice that access to your data will be removed soon.
- Email – If you took one or more K-State courses, your email account, messages, and folders will currently continue at K-State long-term. However, policies could change in the future.
- Office 365 Apps: You will have access to Office 365 apps for one year post your affiliation/graduation from K-State. You will receive notification when this is about to expire.
- Lafene Health Center Patient Portal – You retain access to the portal.
- Review mailing lists – Unsubscribe from any mailing lists you no longer need to be on.
- Copy any files you are entitled to keep, including:
- Office 365 OneDrive files
- Files on your office computer
- Files on the central Unix system
- Files on your departmental or central file server
- Your personal web pages
After 30 days, your data is deleted from the central computer systems and backups. After 1 year, your OneDrive files and folders will be deleted and will not be recoverable.
- Remove software that belongs to K-State – Remove software on your personal computer that was received under a Kansas State University site license or volume-purchase agreement, including but not limited to the following:
- Students in residence halls: Reset Microsoft Windows Update Service – Point your computer back to the Microsoft Windows Update Service.
- Download K-State’s SUS Removal file and save it to your computer’s desktop.
- Double-click the “SUSRemoval.exe” file on your desktop. This will reset your computer to point to the Microsoft Windows Update Service.
If you don’t, your computer will stop getting Microsoft updates, including security updates, and it will be more vulnerable to malware and hackers.
- Continue to change your K-State eID password – Change your eID password when required every 180 days. It keeps your K-State eID current, so you can sign in to systems for which you’re authorized, including eProfile, KSIS, K-State Online, HRIS, etc.
- Access your eProfile page any time to change notification settings.
- Your Career and Employment Services (CES) account requires a current K-State eID/password. You can access CES job listings, interview opportunities, and career-related information for a year after leaving.
- If you miss a password deadline and need to regain access, contact the IT Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-532-7722, or 800-865-6143.