Apple iPad devices can now be checked in for warranty replacement as well as out-of-warranty replacement services at the IT Help Desk in 214 Hale Library. This program is open for both personally owned and university-owned devices. Continue reading “iPad warranty and repair services now available to K-Staters and campus units”
Effective May 12, 2012, the IT Help Desk will be moving to a billing system as the only payment method for personal computer repairs for faculty, staff, and students. Credit card, debit card, and CatCash payments will no longer be taken at the IT Help Desk.
Once the repaired computer is picked up at the IT Help Desk, a bill will be mailed within 30 days to the local address that is on file or is provided at the time the computer is picked up from the IT Help Desk. This change will allow:
- Customers to set up payment plans for expensive repairs once they receive their bill in the mail
- Parents and/or relatives will be able to help pay for their student’s computer repairs without the need to come on campus
- You will now be able to pay your bill when it arrives using credit card, debit card, check, and cash
When the bill arrives in the mail, payment will be collected by going through the Information Technology Services Business Office. Bills can be paid online at https://www-secure.telecom.ksu.edu/customer-service; in person by going to 109 East Stadium; by mail; or over the phone by calling 785-532-7331.
1. Client Services (formerly the Technology Service Center) is currently moving from East Stadium to 214 Hale Library (by the IT Help Desk). Repair of personal/home computers is on hold during the move, and will resume Thursday, Jan. 14, at the new location. For details about payment methods and other changes, see the Dec. 22 news article.
2. The nomination deadline for IT awards is Monday, Jan. 18. All K-Staters can nominate IT staff for the award categories. For details, see the previous article and the IT Awards and Recognition website.
At 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 22, the iTAC Technology Service Center (TSC) closes at the East Stadium location and moves to 214 Hale Library. TSC will join with Client Services and reopen in the new location by Jan. 14, 2010. Phone numbers will remain the same.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2010, the types of payment for personal computer repair will be credit cards, debit cards, and CatCash. Payment types for departmental repairs will not change.