Only one more session is available in the Fall 2017 semester for Master Extract Reporting in KSIS. You must have permissions set up for Master Extract Reporting before you can take this class.
The remaining session is scheduled to take place 3-4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 27, in 306 Calvin Hall.
To register for the session:
1. Go to hris.ksu.edu and sign in with your eID and password.
2. In the left-side menu, click Employee Self Service.
3. Click Learning and Development.
4. Click KSU Training Enrollment.
5. Scroll down the listed courses until you find KSIS: Master Extract Reporting.
6. Next to the desired class, click View Available Sessions.
7. Click the desired session number and then on the next screen, click Continue.
8. Confirm the date and time of the training session and then click Continue.
9. Type any comments desired and then click Submit.
10. Click OK to close the confirmation screen.
11. Sign out from HRIS.
If the session does not fit your schedule, please contact the training coordinator, Fred Darkow, at email@example.com to request additional classes. Attendees will be notified if a session is canceled and will be asked to register for an alternative training session.
by Information Technology Services
Representatives from MathWorks will host a MATLAB seminar 3-5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 24, in 1109 Engineering Hall, which is adjacent to Durland Hall (see building locator map). This event is free to all K-State faculty, staff, and students. Registration is requested although walk-ins are welcome.
MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numerical computation. Using MATLAB, you can solve technical computing problems faster than with traditional programming languages, such as C, C++, and FORTRAN.
Continue reading “MATLAB seminar Oct. 24 open to all K-Staters”
Grading in KSIS training is available for faculty and staff who are involved in submitting grades at the end of the spring 2017 term. Training topics include:
- Transferring grades from Canvas to KSIS
- Manually entering grades in KSIS
- Updating grades in KSIS
- Submitting a Grade Change Request form in KSIS
- Q&A for grade submission at K-State
All sessions take place in 306 Calvin Hall.
- Tuesday, April 25, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 26, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
To attend, sign up in HRIS (see the sign-up instructions). Walk-in attendees are welcome.
If you are unable to attend a session for Grading in KSIS but would like to receive training, contact Fred Darkow at 785-532-3138 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability.
A “Processing Minors” training session is now available for K-State employees who approve minors for students who are graduating. The training session is 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 11, in 306 Calvin Hall.
Registration through HRIS is required. For more information, see the article Using HRIS to register for classes.
If you are unable to attend a session for Processing Minors, please contact Fred Darkow at 785-532-3138 or email@example.com to discuss training availability.
Students and faculty/staff are invited to participate in these hands-on seminars offered March 13-April 4 by the Media Development Center. No enrollment is needed. Stop by 213 Hale Library at the times and dates below.
- Introduction to Using a DSLR camera and Adobe Premiere Pro — 6:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, March 13
- Introduction to using Adobe Lightroom and Photo Retouching — 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 14
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator-Basics — 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 27
- Introduction to Video Format Conversion — 6:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, April 4
For details, see the MDC classes webpage or contact Jahvelle Rhone, media development coordinator (785-532-7422, firstname.lastname@example.org).
KSIS Class Scheduler training is now available. Sessions are designed for employees new to the Class Scheduler process as well as refreshers for employees who have previously updated class schedules.
- Printing the Class Schedule report
- Updating room locations
- Updating instructors
- Updating the section status
- Other course related details
All sessions are held in 306 Calvin Hall. The dates and times for the Class Scheduler sessions are:
New Class Scheduler
- 10:30 a.m. – noon, Wednesday, March 1
- 1:30-3 p.m., Friday, March 3
Class Scheduler Refresher
- 10:30 a.m.-noon, Monday, March 6
- 1:30-3 p.m., Tuesday, March 7
Registration through HRIS is required. See Using HRIS to register for classes. If the current dates and times do not match your schedule, contact Fred Darkow at 532-3138 or email@example.com for more options.
Training sessions for Master Extract Reporting in KSIS for Spring 2017 are now available. The monthly sessions are for staff who have been granted the Master Extract Reporting permission. Previous sessions were limited to one month of a term. To make the training more available for staff members, the schedule is now set for one session each month.
You must have permissions set up for Master Extract Reporting in KSIS before you can take this class.
All sessions are scheduled in 306 Calvin Hall:
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 29, 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, April 17, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Registration through HRIS is required. See Using HRIS to register for classes.
If the offered sessions do not fit your schedule, please contact the KSIS training coordinator, Fred Darkow, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional classes. Attendees will be notified if a session is canceled and will be asked to register for an alternative training session.
KSIS training dates and times are now available for spring 2017. Instructor-led training is available for faculty, academic advisors, and staff at no charge. However, registration through HRIS is required. See Using HRIS to register for classes.
Training for staff and faculty include the following topics:
- Advising in KSIS
- Class Scheduler
- Deans Office Staff
- Grading in KSIS
- Master Extract Reporting
- Processing Minors in KSIS
- Student Records for Academic Department Staff
- Student Records for Administrative Department Office Staff
For more information about each topic and the dates and times for training, visit the KSIS Training web page. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Fred Darkow, KSIS Training Coordinator, at email@example.com or 785-532-3138.
Training dates for Advising in KSIS are available for sign-up in HRIS. Sessions focus on the KSU Advisor Center functions. Full-time advisors and faculty advisors are encouraged to attend. Registration through HRIS is required. See Using HRIS to register for classes.
The following Advising in KSIS sessions are in 306 Calvin Hall on the Manhattan campus. The available times are:
- Mon., Jan. 30, 2:30 – 4 p.m.
- Tues., Feb 7, 10:30 a.m. – noon.
- Wed., Feb. 15, 9 – 10:30 a.m.
- Fri., Feb. 24, 1:30 – 3 p.m.
Topics covered during the sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Advisee information pages
- Running and viewing a DARS audit
- Removing advising flags
- Viewing program/plan history
- Viewing test scores
For more information on current advising processes, visit k‑state.edu/ksis/help/advisors. Additional KSIS training classes are posted at k‑state.edu/ksis/training.
If the available training sessions do not meet your schedule, please contact Fred Darkow, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-3138, for further training options.
KSIS Training dates and times are now available for fall 2016. Instructor-led training is available for faculty, academic advisors, and staff at no charge. However, registration is required.
Continue reading “KSIS training for fall 2016 now available”