K-State Open House Social Media Guide
Campaign Objective: To create an exciting and relevant way for prospective students, K-State colleges, departments and programs to connect and engage in K-State social media while exploring buildings across campus. With the increased popularity of Instagram, the #KStateSelfieChallenge on Instagram will replace the Foursquare Check-In challenge, while promoting the university’s fastest growing social media channel.
- “Selfie Stations” will be set up at each of the 13 passport locations across campus with signage.
- From 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., participants have the opportunitiy to take a selfie with K-State Celebrities, such as President Kirk Schulz, Dean Pat Bosco and Willie the Wildcat at designated locations to be announced via K-State social media.
- K-State Open House student volunteers will serve as station hosts where celebrities are stationed to greet and encourage attendees to participate and take selfies with K-State-themed Instagram frames.
Signage will read:
- Follow @KansasStateUniversity on Instagram
- Take a selfie!
- Upload to IG and use hashtag #KStateSelfieChallenge.
- After visiting designated locations present your passport and or selfies to Open House Staff at the K-State Student Union.
Ways to promote #KStateOpenHouse and #KStateSelfieChallenge:
Share our Pinterest board for a virtual map of K-State Open House hot spots and selfie stations: http://www.pinterest.com/kansasstate/k-state-open-house/.
Share the K-State Open House invitation YouTube video via social media: http://bit.ly/kstateopenhouseinvite.
Follow and share the #KStateOpenHouse tagboard: https://tagboard.com/KStateOpenHouse/159770
Follow and share posts from K-State social media regarding open house.
Remember to use the #KStateOpenHouse hashtag when creating related social media posts.