The Staley School of Leadership Studies is accepting applications to serve as LEAD 212 class leaders during the fall 2020 semester.
Class leaders are students who help teach large lecture sections of LEAD 212: Introduction to Leadership Concepts. LEAD 212 Class Leaders are asked to facilitate small group discussions, lead active-learning exercises, create a learning community with their students and perform administrative functions, such as grading, attendance, etc. These students serve as a bridge between students and instructors;they are motivated to help students learn the academic discipline of leadership and adjust to the K-State campus community.
Qualifications to be demonstrated by applicants:
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at K-State — minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Will be in at least their third year of college by fall 2020, based on years in college, not credit hours.
- Understand and believe in the mission of the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Have previously taken a LEAD 212 or equivalent introduction to leadership course; and have taken/currently enrolled in LEAD 350.
- Exhibit responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, a strong energy level and excellent communication skills.
- Available for four training seminars in the spring, two hours per session; serving with the Flint Hills Breadbasket, approximately two hours; individual summer prep work, approximately eight to 10 hours; and the fall retreat, approximately eight hours.
- Able to commit approximately five hours per week for fall 2020 for class time, class prep, grading and individual meetings, etc.
LEAD 212 Class Leaders will work five hours per week at $8 per hour during the fall semester.
After submitting an application, all applicants should RSVP to attend one of the interview dates from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28 or 6:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, in the Leadership Studies Building. After completing your application you will be requested to RSVP for which interview session you can attend.
For any questions please contact Amanda Cebula at email@example.com.