Undergraduate students who will enter their final year at K-State during the 2020-21 academic year are invited to submit an application for Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows. Snyder Fellows will be involved in unique opportunities for personal leadership development as they prepare for life after graduation.
In addition to engineering the greatest turnaround in college football history, Coach Bill Snyder has been a champion of developing leaders—both on and off the football field. It is because of this commitment that the Staley School of Leadership Studies, in partnership with K-State Athletics, is thrilled to offer the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, a leadership development program that honors his work in developing a family of leaders.
The Snyder Fellows program will begin its sixth year in April 2020. The year-long program will include a class of outstanding K-State undergraduate students entering their final year at K-State. Snyder Fellows will participate in a variety of leadership development activities to help prepare for the transition from college and for engagement as lifelong leaders. Through generous contributions from supporters of Coach Snyder and the Staley School, this noncredit development program will be offered at NO COST for all selected students.
The Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows will:
- Participate in a leadership development program rooted in Coach Snyder’s 16 Goals for Success.
- Attend a two-day retreat focused on goal setting and leadership development.
- Take part in exclusive personal and professional development events with successful athletes, scholars, and business leaders throughout the year.
- Participate in leadership dialogues with Coach Snyder.
- Engage in one-on-one leadership coaching sessions with Staley School faculty members and campus partners through the critical transition from college to career.
- Mentor youth in the Manhattan community with a group of Fellows, through youth sports coaching in partnership with the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department.
- Make a difference on campus and in the community through hands-on service and mentoring activities.
- Join the network of Snyder Fellows alumni dedicated to forming a long-lasting impact.
All applications must be submitted by noon Feb. 21. For more information on the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, visit the website or contact Staley School faculty members Kaitlin Long or Tori Burkhart at 785-532-6085 or email@example.com.