HandsOn Kansas State is pleased to once again, be working with Harvesters of Topeka to provide three mobile food distributions during the fall 2020 semester. The teams have worked hard to ensure a safe and efficient process for food pickup.
The following guidelines are a friendly reminder of how to ensure the best experience for everyone:
- Vehicles should plan to arrive after 3:30 p.m. to help ensure a start time of 4 p.m.
- Vehicles enter the pickup line at the Kimball Avenue entrance to parking lot C-1 and exit through the C-2 lot on to Denison.
- Volunteers will be posted to ensure vehicles enter and exit through the correct locations. A map is available below.
- Volunteers will wear masks and gloves, and practice social distancing.
- Volunteers will place food items directly into vehicles at three stations. New signs along the food line will indicate each station.
- Participants should plan to help open vehicle doors as needed and keep their car windows up while driving through the line if not wearing a mask inside their vehicle.
Though typically offered three times during K-State academic semester, additional distributions were added over the summer to meet the needs of the community. HandsOn Kansas State, Harvesters of Topeka and many volunteers were able to provide thousands of pounds of food to hundreds of residents during these events. Over the last five months, the number of community members served per distribution has doubled. With the help volunteers and participants to ensure these guidelines are met, the distributions can run smoothly and effectively so we can continue to serve the community.
Distributions this fall will take place Sept. 11, Oct. 9 and Nov. 13. Learn more.