Applications for Kansas State University’s Leadership Communication Ph.D. are now being accepted. Domestic applications are due Jan. 15, and international applications are due Jan. 1. Apply online today.
Do you want to lead change, advance communication and engage communities?
This doctoral program is a research degree grounded in community-engaged scholarship. Students will explore the intersection of theories and methods of leadership, communication, and other areas of inquiry related to collaborative change. Through the study and practice of leading change, students will produce original research that contributes to making progress on the most difficult challenges of our times.
Strong candidates for this doctoral program are committed to:
- Engaging with others to leverage diverse perspectives
- Developing capacities to:
- Conduct original research
- Convene stakeholders
- Facilitate change processes
- Enhancing careers with foundations, NGOs, corporations, educational institutions, and governmental agencies
Our students bring a variety of academic backgrounds, professional experience, and civic interests to this program. Learn more about the students.
Our faculty have the research expertise and professional experience to customize your learning in the program. The faculty are from the Communications and Agricultural Education Department, Communication Studies Department, AQ Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications, and the Staley School of Leadership Studies. Learn more about the faculty.
- Program Information: Leadership Communication
- Program Requirements: Curriculum
- Living in Manhattan, Kansas: Top 10 College Town
For questions, contact Tim Steffensmeier, director of the Leadership Communication program and associate professor at the Staley School of Leadership Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.