During the summer, we find ourselves with more time and incredible weather. We also find ourselves constantly wanting to do something to “live it up”. So, here are a few ways to “live it up” while you’re “ballin’ on a budget”.
- Have a garage sale. Gather your friends and have a joint garage sale. By doing this, not only will you save money, but you all will earn money. It is a perfect way to get rid of the old while enjoying the company of your friends.
- Visit the library. This will give you reading materials for the week and an excuse to leave the house.
- Music Performances and Festivals. Check neighboring towns to see when there are free concerts in the area.
- Matinee Movies. During the week and on Sundays movie theaters have discounted tickets so treat yourself to that new movie that just came out.
- Go Camping. Camping sites are relatively inexpensive and can make for a fun night or weekend with friends.
- Take a Walk. If you wanted to take your walk a step further, go geocaching to see what treasures you can find.
- Go to the Museum. Museums often have free days, look them up and plan a day to go to your local museum.
If you find yourself needing to save money in the summer, you don’t have to confine yourself to your house. Use these tips and improve your social capital without reducing your financial capital! If you would like more money saving tips and help on your current financial position, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with a peer counselor at Powercat Financial on www.ksu.edu/powercatfinancial.
Alex Bangert, Peer Counselor I