Powercat Financial is here to support students through their journey to becoming financial independent and to staying on the path of financial wellness. Below are a few of the helpful, free services our peer financial counselors offer fellow students:
- Assistance creating a personal spending plan to achieve financial goals of studying abroad, saving for emergencies, buying a car, moving off campus or just staying on budget;
- Helping you get all of your student loan information organized and explained in an easy-to-understand method to reduce your confusion;
- A review of your credit report to make sure it is accurate and has no mistakes or identity theft concerns;
- Cutting through the complexity of student loan repayment and explain the various repayment options;
- Explanation of the pros and cons of either consolidation or refinancing of student loans;
- A review all of the factors that are important when trying to increase your credit score;
- Help with determining who your federal loan servicers are and helping you connect with them;
- Assistance creating a to-do list of important financial tasks and deadlines for being successful as a K-State student;
- Helping you review job offers and understand the employee benefits and prepare questions to ask your future employer;
- Exploring any loan forgiveness programs that you may be eligible for.
All of these services are offered in a personal, confidential setting in 302 Union (on the Union third floor) with a trained peer financial counselors who understands what it is like managing financial decisions as a students. They can help you reduce your financial stress, avoid costly financial mistakes and learn how to create your path to financial wellness.
Current K-State undergraduate or graduate students on the Manhattan campus, Vet Med students and Global Campus student may request a free appointment online anytime at www.k-state.edu/powercatfinancial.
Jodi Kaus, Director