Welcome to the Tuition Strategies Committee update page. From November to April of this academic year, this page will serve as your source for updates on the hard work of SGA’s Tuition Strategies Committee.
Committee purpose (found in Article IV, Section 15 of the SGA Bylaws):
Tuition Strategies Committee shall be responsible for studying, analyzing and recommending tuition principles, tuition funding initiatives, college-specific fees, and proposals to KSU SGA and University Administration.
A. The Tuition Strategies Committee shall be composed of the following members:
1. The Student Body President and the Speaker of the Student Senate shall serve as co-chairs and shall have full voting privileges.
2. One student from each academic college, who shall be jointly appointed by the Student Body President and the Speaker of the Student Senate and be subject to Student Senate approval.
3. One Salina Campus student who shall be jointly appointed by the Student Body President and the Speaker of the Student Senate and be subject to Student Senate approval.
4. The Student Body Vice President and the Privilege Fee Standing Committee Chair, who shall be ex officio, non-voting members.
5. The Vice President for Student Life, Vice President for Administration and Finance, Provost, and Faculty Senate President or their designees shall be ex- officio, non-voting members.
B. A quorum of the Tuition Strategies Committee shall be six, and shall include the co- chairs. The committee shall meet bi-annually or at the call of the co-chairs.
Eli Schooley, Student Body President & Kyle Nuss, Speaker of the Student Senate – Co-Chairs
Becky Brady – College of Education Representative
Shawna Cikanek – Veterinary Medicine Representative
Ava Clark – College of Engineering Representative
Hope Faflick – College of Arts & Sciences Representative
Andy Hurtig – College of Architecture Planning and Design Representative
Reagan Kays – College of Agriculture Representative
Tyler Lewis – K-State Salina Representative
Jordan Priddle – Graduate School Representative
Drew Unruh – College of Business Administration Representative
Jake Unruh, Student Body Vice President
Ryan Patterson, SGA Privilege Fee Committee Chairman
April Mason, Provost and Senior Vice President
Cindy Bontrager, Interim Vice President for Administration and Finance
Pat Bosco, Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students
Sue Peterson, Director of Governmental Relations and Assistant to the President
Julia Keen, Faculty Senate President
November 22 — 7:30-8:30 AM
• Committee orientation
• Introduction information – Dr. Pat Bosco
December 10 — 4-5 PM
• Budget Update – Cindy Bontrager
January 21 — 2-3 PM
• Committee Charge/Updates – President Schulz and Provost April Mason
• Legislative Update – Dr. Sue Peterson
All meetings will be held in the Office of Student Activities and Services Conference Room on the Ground Floor of the Student Union and are open to students.