Student Stories

Spring Break Road Trips

There are two reasons why March is a really exciting time for me -I do not know about what everyone’s plans for this year are, but for me usually spring break is for road trips and summer vacation is for travelling. So March means I am only two weeks away from my spring break road trips and only 10 weeks away from my summer travels.

I know a lot of people say Kansas is boring but I think it is fun if you make do with what you have got. Last Spring me and a couple of friends picked very random but also very interesting cities and places and picked out nice days and went on day trips.

I know this sounds very “middle age couple Vegas trip” but it is not about the glamour of some of these places -because frankly some of them get boring after the first 15 minutes there- it is just about enjoying a day out on the road with friends and seeing new things; and it is about Kansan day trips.

Somewhere on the road we found this huge sunflower field. I do not remember where though.
My friend, Grant, across from the geographic center of the United States 2 miles N of Lebanon, KS.
Grant, across from the geographic center of the United States 2 miles N of Lebanon, KS.
Rock City in Minneapolis, KS, famous for it’s unique spherical-rock park.
Claudio in front of Somerset Cafe in Dover, KS, once home to the best apple pie in America. They were pretty much the best pie I've ever had!
Claudio, in front of Somerset Cafe in Dover, KS, once home to the best apple pie in America. They were pretty much the best pie I’ve ever had!

About Abdurahman "Al"

Hey, name is Abdurahman Basha, but you can call me Al. I'm a sophomore majoring in finance and entrepreneurship. I do a little bit of everything and try to learn as I go. I enjoy coffee, cooking, photography, Tumblr, and the TV show Friends. I blog about how to survive and make the most out of college outside a 4.0 GPA.