Student Stories

I’m thankful for…

Warning: Large doses of corny optimism, inspiration, and self-reflection ahead. Proceed with care.

I was going through my Tumblr feed the other day and I found this, I did not write any of it and I wish I could cite it but there seems to be no source or indication as to who may have come up with it. However, I think it would be a fun idea to try and self-reflect and to try and come up with your own.

Mine was: I am thankful for my annoying adorable kitten that cries for table scraps all the time because it means that I can afford to eat and then give away some.

“I am thankful for…

The taxes I pay, because it means I am employed.

The clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.

My shadow that watches me work, because it means I am in the sunshine.

A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because that means I have a home.

All the complaints I hear about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.

The parking spot I find at the far end of the lot, because it means I am capable of walking and I have been blessed with a car.

My huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

The lady behind me in church who sings off-key, because that means I can hear.

The pile of laundry and ironing, for it means I have clothes to wear.

The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.”

-Source Unknown

About Abdurahman "Al"

Hey, name is Abdurahman Basha, but you can call me Al. I'm a sophomore majoring in finance and entrepreneurship. I do a little bit of everything and try to learn as I go. I enjoy coffee, cooking, photography, Tumblr, and the TV show Friends. I blog about how to survive and make the most out of college outside a 4.0 GPA.