Student Stories

My Favorite Quotes

I’m one of those nerdy people who love quotes. Here are some of my favorites:

• Always be a little kinder than necessary. – J.M. Barrie
  • Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. – G.K. Chesterton
  • Is fat really the worst thing a human being can be? Is fat worse than vindictive, jealous, shallow, vain, boring, evil or cruel? Not to me. – J.K. Rowling
  • The problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete; they make one story become the whole story. – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  • Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down, and trust your instincts. Good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful. That’s not just with somebody you want to marry, but it’s with the friends that you choose. It’s with the people you surround yourselves with. – Michelle Obama
  • Ever loved someone so much, you would do anything for them? Yeah, well make that person yourself, and do whatever you want. – Harvey Specter
  • The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling. – Fabienne Fredrickson
  • Do small things with great love. – Mother Theresa
  • A stumbling block to the pessimist is a stepping stone to the optimist. – Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Do your thing and don’t care if they like it. – Tina Fey
  • May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. – Nelson Mandela
  • Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. – Salvador Dali
  • Be so good they can’t ignore you. – Steve Martin
  • If you don’t stick to your values when they’re being tested, they aren’t values, they are hobbies. – Jon Stewart
  • This is not a girl who waits by the phone. This is a girl who picks up the phone and calls whoever she wants. – B.J. Novak on Mindy Kaling
  • Today me will live in the moment, unless it’s unpleasant, in which case, me will eat a cookie. – Cookie Monster

About Maria

My name is Maria and I am a sophomore dual-majoring in journalism and public relations. I enjoy blogging about things I have learned and cool experiences, and I hope to tell K-Staters in my blog about all the fun to be had here.