Student Stories

The Land of Oz (also known as my heaven)

Growing up I LOVED Wizard of Oz. Like I mean wore-the-blue-checkered-dress-all-day-every-day, watched-the-movie-on-repeat and had-a-wizard-of-oz-themed-birthday-party kind of love.

So when my boyfriend suggested we ‘could check out’ the Wizard of Oz museum as our Sunday activity I all but skipped down the yellow brick road singing ‘Follow the Yellow Brick Road’ right then and there.

AND THEN ON SUNDAY THERE WAS AN ACTUAL YELLOW BRICK ROAD!!!!!!!!

img_3876

img_3870

The memorabilia and artifacts are enveloped and enhanced by the music, video excerpts, speakers, staff in costume and set decorations that’ll make any Wizard of Oz Lover (and everyone else) feel like they’re walking through the land of Oz and beyond.

img_3867

img_3869

If you have a free day and are looking for a hot air balloon to another land I would definitely recommend checking out Wamego’s Wizard of Oz Museum!

img_3880

About Natalie

My name is Natalie Gonzales, and I am a junior majoring in public relations, and minoring in leadership studies. I like laughing, coffee, jelly beans, working out and Harry Potter, and busy is my middle name; anyone who knows me will tell you that my planner is my best friend. I like writing in little coffee shops about this beautiful place called Manhattan, Kansas, and the thoughts and musings of college students today. This semester I look forward to giving you a virtual tour around town and into the mind of a Wildcat.