K-State Turf and Landscape Blog

Congratulations to Christy Dipman!

Hello everyone,

I’m so happy to share this great news. Our own Christy Dipman was selected as a recipient of the 2015 K-State University Support Staff Award of Excellence! The eligibility included:

Outstanding Achievement and Performance: (Consistently and substantially exceeds the expectations of the position, performing at a level above and beyond normal job requirements; has made important and significant contributions in their area; has furthered the mission of the unit, college, and/or university.)

Inspirations of Excellence in Others: (Consistently and substantially demonstrates an ability and willingness to work positively, respectfully, and effectively with others; has significantly improved customer service or has increased student satisfaction in their area; demonstrates ability and willingness to manage changes in work priorities, procedures, and organization.)

Initiative and Creativity: (Has significantly improved a work process or system, or has significantly increased the efficiency of an operation or department/unit; consistently seeks to improve the quality of work assigned; demonstrates efforts to expand work responsibilities.)

Anyone who knows Christy knows that she shines in all of these areas. Most of you who read this blog know Christy primarily from the turf world, but she is an excellent colleague for those of us who also work with other commodities as well.

I was the nominator and three colleagues were more than willing to write additional support letters. Here are some of the things I wrote in my nomination statement, and I could (and did) go on and on:

“With Christy, there’s no worry about checking in to see if something is getting done. By the time you think to ask, she’s ALREADY done it!”

“At the annual turfgrass conference in Topeka, Christy works the registration desk. She greets everyone with a smile and knows many of them by name. They all know her! The participants are very comfortable with her, and her presence, attitude, and respectful nature help set the tone for the entire conference.”

“She does all this with a very positive attitude. I don’t recall her ever speaking negatively of anyone within KSRE extension or out among the stakeholders. This positivity radiates out into the whole extension team. Christy is one of the most positive individuals I have ever worked with.”

Congrats Christy! (I’m sure if you are reading this, you are blushing and feeling modest, but you are the BEST!”