(By Jared Hoyle, KSU Turfgrass Research and Extension)
In 2016 Dr. Aaron Patton and Daniel Weisenberger reached out to surrounding universities to collaborate on producing a multi-state Turfgrass Weed Control for Professionals Publication. There are 11 states, including Kansas, that worked together to help produce the 2017 edition.
Guide provides weed identification and control information that turfgrass professionals can use to develop effective weed control programs for golf courses, athletic fields, sod farms, lawns, and other turfgrass systems. Recommendations apply to most states, with input from experts in IL, IN, IA, Kansas, KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, NY, OH, and WI.
It contains images and information for identifying 105 different weed species.
Covers herbicide selection in:
- Nonselective herbicide/fumigants for renovation
- Nonselective herbicides for border maintenance
- Preemergence herbicides
- Postemergence broadleaf herbicides
- Postemergence grass herbicides
- Postemergence sedge herbicides
- PGRs for general turf
- PGRs for putting greens
- Herbicides labeled for putting greens (PRE and POST)
The publicationl also covers many other weed control aspects like;
- Which herbicide works best for each weed.
- Includes notes and comments on each herbicide.
- Control of tough weeds.
- Provides handy comparisons of broadleaf herbicide ingredients.
- Covers fundamentals of how herbicides work
- frequently asked questions.
GET YOURS TODAY!
For an electronic download copy for 12.00 click here – https://mdc.itap.purdue.edu/item.asp?item_number=Turf-100-W#.WMFVKGVuD8s
For a hard copy delivered to your door (20.00) click here – https://mdc.itap.purdue.edu/item.asp?item_number=TURF-100#.WMFVDWVuD8u