IT News

InfoTech Tuesday overhaul

In an effort to enhance all aspects of InfoTech Tuesday, the iTAC Communications and Training group worked over the summer to bring a new vision to the IT newsletter. The new format, mimicking a blog layout, is a departure from a once-a-week static newsletter webpage towards an always on, always changing dynamic news environment.

In the new website, each article has its own page and its own discussion section where anyone can post comments or vote. Articles are both categorized and tagged and easily printed, e-mailed, and shared to social news and bookmarking sites. The new feature-rich format is tailored for interaction with polls, a tag cloud, lists of most voted for and most viewed articles, and multiple ways to view and share the news the way you want it. Not sure about the new look? Don’t worry, it’s still called InfoTech Tuesday and we’ll still be sending out a weekly e-mail newsletter lineup!

Before you leave, be sure to:

• vote for an article
  • subscribe to the RSS feed
  • subscribe to the events and deadlines calendar
  • answer the poll question
  • sign up for the weekly e-mail newsletter (all faculty are automatically subscribed)

Share this post:

9 thoughts on “InfoTech Tuesday overhaul
  1. Why is it I’m voting? Sorry, I’m just not able to keep up with all the latest tech trends which is why I subscribe to InfoTech Tuesday. 🙂 Kerri

2. I think the new look is great – but, have you looked at it on Mozilla Firefox? It really looks pretty bad. Since we have been told to use this browser – it seems to me that you should make it look good there too!
    sincerely
    jan

3. I like the layout changes but the purple in the top bar and the purple buttons on the sides looks kinda off.

4. The Top Logo is terrible, the side bar is too purple. I know the idea of the site is content, but it would be a plus if it looked clean as well.

5. I enjoy the new look.
    Visually, I think the contrast between the bold colors and the stark white background is stimulating. In addition, the logo works for me since it too is visually communicative of something ‘techy.’ I also think the vote option and the widget on the side that logs article votes is a great idea; it gives me a chance to learn from other readers what is important and what should be read. Great job iTAC!

6. I like the blog format, but the color scheme is hard on the eyes. I also agree that the top logo could use some work, but the tabbed content and overall format are good.

7. Blog format is a good idea, but what I miss about the old version is that there was a Table of Contents at the top, so one could get a quick overview of the contents, and go directly to what is of interest.