Do I continue to have access to my eID? Can I keep my e-mail Inbox? Is my eID recycled? These and other questions are addressed on the updated Preparing to Leave K-State webpages.
New Student Services, the Alumni Association, Human Resources, Career and Employment Services, the Registrar’s Office, and ITS staff have clarified what users continue to be able to access and what is no longer available to them. A short list of responsibilities and other information prior to leaving K-State include:
1. Sign in to eprofile.k-state.edu and forward your e-mail
2. Copy any files you are entitled to keep, including:
- Your e-mail Inbox and messages/folders
- Files on your office workstation
- Files on the central Unix system
- Your personal webpages
3. Continue to access K-State Online, iSIS, the eProfile page etc., without interruption, by changing the eID password during each password change period August-September and January-February.
180 days after your K-State student/employee affiliation ends, your files, personal webpage, and e-mail associated with your eID will be destroyed and removed from the central backup systems.
For additional responsibilities, see www.k-state.edu/infotech/leaving.
If you need help, contact the IT Help Desk at 785-532-7722, firstname.lastname@example.org.