Those who want to learn more about technology this summer can tap into the UFM Community Learning Center’s (www.tryufm.org) low-cost classes, where the philosophy is “everyone can learn and everyone can teach.” View the summer catalog by group category as well as the complete list of classes.
Technology classes in the UFM Summer 2012 Catalog include:
- Computer Skills 101 (Wednesday, May 30). “A basic orientation on how your computer works, how to move around, and how to find things on your computer…” plus “basic Internet skills including browsing websites, and searching for information…”
- Introduction to the iPad (Mondays, June 4-11). “An introduction about using the iPad in daily life as well as using it for special purposes. Participants will be able to learn about the features, built-in apps, accessing and setting up an Apple account, emailing, and all of the iPad’s accessories.”
- (BYOD) Bring Your Own Device Workshop (Wednesday, June 13). A hands-on workshop to “accomplish more with your iPad, iPhone, or Android device. Topics will include apps for productivity and entertainment, using your device for presentations, and more…”
- Pinterest Crafts Workshop (Friday, June 29). “Targeted to those people who have a pinterest.com account and have found fun craft ideas but have no time to do them or who need a little guidance in making them…”
Photography class offerings include basic camera skills and related software programs:
- Basic Camera Controls Workshop (Saturday, June 9)
- Creative Camera Controls Workshop (Saturday, June 23)
- Introduction to Adobe Lightroom (Tuesday-Thursday, July 3-12)
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop (Tuesday-Thursday, July 24-Aug. 2)
UFM is a “creative educational program serving Kansas State University, the Manhattan area, and the state of Kansas.” See UFM’s www.tryufm.org website for details on classes and registration.