Faculty, staff, and students who are new arrivals at K-State will find essential IT information and resources on the “New to IT at K-State” webpage, which covers eIDs/passwords, computer networks, email, labs, printing, software, buying a computer, computer repair, and more.
The webpage is updated at least twice a year to cover new IT services and resources, and changes in procedures, websites, and contacts. Recent updates include:
- Connecting to K-State’s network has updated wireless network details, plus a link to the wireless configuration tool to set up a wireless connection for laptops and other mobile devices.
- Wireless printing to the university computing labs and K-State InfoCommons is available via an installable app (for Macs and for PCs).
- File sharing using Zimbra Briefcase is free for all K-Staters.
- Backing up data can be done using external hard drives and/or cloud-based storage devices. Review other considerations when selecting a backup strategy.
- Designated access allows K-State students to grant others access to their financial information in iSIS, the student information system. A graphical view of the process is on the Designated Access webpage (on the One Stop Shop for Student Success site).