Aug. 1-Sept. 12 is the timeframe for changing K-State eID passwords for the Fall 2012 semester. This mandatory password change occurs each fall and spring, and applies to both individual eIDs and group eIDs.
- To change your password: Use the Sign in to K-State webpage, sign in with your eID and current password, then click “Change your eID password” and follow the steps.
- Forgot your password? Call the IT Help Desk at 785-532-7722 (800-865-6143 toll-free) and verify your identity. Staff can set a temporary password for you to sign in.
Prior to the password deadline, K-State sends email reminders to K-Staters with unchanged passwords. After Wednesday, Sept. 12, those with unchanged passwords will lose access to K-State webmail, the iSIS student information system, K-State Online, free laser printing, university computing labs, and other resources.
Timesaver tip: Set up an alternate email address and a security question-and-answer on your eProfile, BEFORE you forget your password. If/when you forget your password, you can easily recover by using this process:
- Go to the eProfile password reset website and enter your eID.
- Sign in to your alternate email account and find the automated email from K-State that contains a password-reset link.
- Click the password-reset link and answer your security question. Then you can reset your eID password on your own.
Why are periodic password changes required? Because long-term use of the same password is a major security risk. For more password details, including how to choose a good one, read the Frequently asked questions about eID passwords.