“Handling Surveys and Interviews in NVivo” will be offered 1:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 30, in 301 Hale Library. This session will focus on the use of NVivo to maximize analysis of surveys and interviews.
This presentation will address the following:
- how to download information from electronic survey systems into NVivo (directly from Survey Monkey, indirectly from Qualtrics)
- coding demographic information to nodes
- coding individual respondents’ information to nodes
- using text styles to ingest textual responses to questions (for autocoding), and
- querying survey and interview data using NVivo tools.
The room will be open from 1 p.m. on for this event. All are welcome! The presenter will be using the Windows version of the software. No RSVP is required. If there are any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-532-5262.
Other Scheduled Trainings for Spring 2015
“NVivo Basics”: Feb. 20, 1:30-3:30 p.m., 301 Hale Library
“NVivo Advanced”: Mar. 27, 1:30-3:30 p.m., 301 Hale Library
“Tapping Social Media Data with NCapture and NVivo”: Apr. 24, 1:30-3:30 p.m., 301 Hale Library
NVivo 10 Site License
K-State has a site license for NVivo 10 software (for both Windows and Mac systems) for all faculty, administrators, staff, and graduate students — allowed to have two downloads and installs of the software.
The software and the activating license key may be accessed at
k-state.edu/ID/KStateNVivoDownload with a current eID and password.
QSR International Trainings
An Additional Reference
Those who have already started using NVivo may want to refer to “Using NVivo: An Unofficial and Unauthorized Primer,” which is an e-book built on the Scalar platform that highlights various features of the tool. This is an evolving e-book.