“NVivo 10 Advanced” is a follow-up presentation from the “NVivo 10 Basic” offered the prior month. This training will be offered 1:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, March 27, in 301 Hale Library.
This presentation will address the following:
- any extant questions from the basic introduction of NVivo
- the basics of NVivo 10 (its interface, ingesting multimedia files, and coding data) (a review from NVivo Basic)
- how to query the collected data in an NVivo project (word frequency counts, text searches, matrix coding queries, matrix queries, proximity text searches, and others)
- how to create data visualizations (word trees, word clouds, dendrograms, ring lattice graphs, and others) (for analysis and presentations)
- how to conduct both types of auto-coding (by structured data and by machine learning), and
- how to output a basic report.
The presenter will be using the Windows version of the software. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops for this interactive session. The room will be open for this event at 1 p.m. All are welcome, no RSVP is required. If there are any questions, contact email@example.com, or call 785-532-5262.
There will be one additional training on NVivo 10 this spring semester. “Tapping Social Media Data using NCapture and NVivo” is scheduled 1:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, April 24, in 301 Hale Library.
NVivo 10 site license at K-State
K-State has a site license for NVivo 10 software (for both Windows and Mac systems) for all faculty, administrators, staff, and graduate students. The license allows two downloads and installs per individual.
The software and the activating license key may be accessed at K-State NVivo 10 Software Download with a current eID and password. (A new license key has been made available to the K-State research community. Please log on to the prior site to access it.)
QSR international trainings
An additional reference
Those who have already started using NVivo may want to refer to “Using NVivo: An Unofficial and Unauthorized Primer,” which is an e-book built on the Scalar platform that highlights various features of the tool.