Microsoft Office 365 has now been integrated with K-State Online Canvas. When instructors open their K-State Online courses, they will now notice an Office 365 tab on the left-hand navigation.
When you click the Office 365 tab, you will need to enter your K-State eID and password to access your Office 365 account. Benefits of the Office 365 integration include:
- Through Canvas, access your files stored in OneDrive on Office 365.
- Submit files directly from Office 365 into Canvas Assignments.
- Grade Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents in SpeedGrader.
- Link Office 365 documents in the Rich Content Editor.
- Develop documents in Office 365 and submit them as assignments directly within Office 365 or Canvas.
- Add Office 365 docs directly to Modules.
- Create Collaborations using any type of Office document.
- Develop and grade assignments in your Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook, then push those grades to Canvas.
- Sign in to Canvas with your Office 365 login using single sign-on.
Keep in mind, document permissions can prevent files from previewing in a course. Instructors need to make sure that permissions are set correctly for a document before sharing it with others in Canvas.
The Office 365 integration with Canvas is only available for your K-State account. This integration does not support your personal accounts.