The Canvas Teacher app is now available for iOS and Android phones and tablets. The Canvas Teacher app allows teachers to manage their courses and use Canvas more efficiently from a mobile device.
Canvas Teacher replaces the existing Android and iOS SpeedGrader apps. Existing users may continue to use the legacy SpeedGrader app though it will no longer be supported. Additionally, the Android Canvas Teacher Tools app has been discontinued. SpeedGrader will no longer be supported for mobile devices. SpeedGrader is still available for use and supported in K-State Online, and is included in the new Canvas Teacher app.
Canvas Teacher allows teachers to facilitate their courses on the go, both inside and outside the classroom. This app provides quick access to grading submissions, communicating with students, and updating course content — three of the most frequent course facilitation tasks for teachers — through Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes.
- Grade submissions — Teachers can browse submissions and provide feedback to their students with a new and improved mobile SpeedGrader embedded in the app.
- Communicate with students — Teachers can post announcements, send messages, and participate in course discussions. Canvas Teacher includes the Message Students Who feature from the web version of Canvas and allows teachers to easily send messages to students about specific course assignments.
- Update course content — Teachers can easily update course content such as due dates and spelling errors. They can also publish assignments, manage discussion settings, and adjust quiz options.
The Canvas Teacher app is available for iOS and Android devices.
- iOS devices: Download the Canvas Teacher app in the iTunes store. Version 1.0 requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Android devices: Download the Canvas Teacher app in the Play store. Version 1.0 requires Android 5.0 or later.
To learn how to use the Canvas Teacher app, view the step-by-step Canvas Guides.