The new Gradebook was turned on for ALL courses on December 29, 2019. The new Gradebook is now the default in all Canvas course sites at K-State, and the legacy Canvas Gradebook has been permanently disabled.
Almost all of the features available in the legacy Canvas Gradebook are available in the new Gradebook. Some features have been moved to new locations within the Gradebook interface. For step-by-step instructions on using the new Gradebook, view the How to use the New Gradebook guide.
The new Gradebook mimics the view of the current Gradebook while including several additional features:
- Grade Post Policies — The new Gradebook consists of a grade posting policy, which sets how grades and comments are released to students. This change adds course-wide control over grade releasing and redefines assignment grade release control to an individual assignment level, making grades visible down to individual sections of a course, or hiding previously posted grades if needed. The Mute functionality has been replaced with the Grade Posting Policy options.
- Grade detail tray: The grade detail tray displays a grading summary by assignment and student. Instructors can click the next and previous links at the top of the tray to advance to another student or assignment.
- Late and missing submission policies: Instructors can set grading rules.
- Automatically apply a grading rule too late and missing submissions
- Manually adjust submission status to none, late, missing, or excused
- Enable late or missing policies in the Gradebook Settings menu
- More filtering and sorting options: Instructors can choose to order the columns by assignment names, due dates, points, or modules. You can also filter for a particular assignment group or module.
- Crosshairs: The new Gradebook offers crosshairs and highlighting for improved orientation. Additionally, each row includes alternating colors to help with navigation.
- Submission status color coding: Instructors can customize the color associated with a Gradebook Status: late, missing, resubmitted, dropped, or excused.
To learn more about the new Gradebook, go to canvas.ksu.edu/newgradebook.