“Advanced NVivo 12 Plus/NVivo” is a follow-up presentation from the “Introduction to NVivo 12 Plus/NVivo” offered earlier this term. This training will be held 1:30-3:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14, online via Zoom. (The link will not be live until the event.)
This presentation will address the following:
- Any extant questions from the basic introduction of NVivo 12 Plus
- How to set up qualitative data to be explored and queried
- How to use the software on interview, survey, focus group, and similar data
- How to query the collected data in an NVivo project (word frequency counts, text searches, matrix coding queries, matrix queries, proximity text searches, and other forms of text parsing)
- How to create data visualizations (word trees, word clouds, dendrograms, ring lattice graphs, sociograms, and others) (for analysis and presentations)
- How to conduct four types of auto-coding (by extracted themes and subthemes, by sentiment analysis, by structured data, and by supervised machine learning based on existing human coding)
- How to set up a qualitative cross-tabulation analysis
- How to output a basic report (including a custom codebook)
The presenter will be using the Windows version of the software.
K-State does not have a site license for NVivo 12 Plus or NVivo. Student licenses are available by subscription for 12-month periods and are approximately $99. The terms of the subscriptions are constantly changing, so please check with the company for actual terms. (Read the fine print, and all that.)
QSR International trainings
An additional reference
Those who have already started using NVivo may want to refer to “Using NVivo: An Unofficial and Unauthorized Primer,” which is an e-book built on the Scalar platform that highlights various features of the tool.
Registration is not required. However, K-Staters who want a formal record of their attendance may register via HRIS…or sign up in-person at the online event (and they’ll be credited shortly after the event).
If there are questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-532-5262. Thank you for your interest. All are welcome.