A “Processing Minors” training session is now available for K-State employees who approve minors for students who are graduating. The training session is 10 -11 a.m. Wednesday, April 11, in 306 Calvin Hall.
Registration through HRIS is required. For more information, see the article Using HRIS to register for classes.
If you are unable to attend a session for Processing Minors, please contact Fred Darkow at 785-532-3138 or email@example.com to discuss training availability.
Grading in KSIS training is available for faculty and staff who are involved in submitting grades at the end of the spring 2018 term. Training topics include:
- Transferring grades from Canvas to KSIS
- Manually entering grades in KSIS
- Updating grades in KSIS
- Submitting a Grade Change Request form in KSIS
- Q&A for grade submission at K-State
All sessions take place in 306 Calvin Hall.
- Wednesday, April 23, 2-3 p.m.
- Thursday, April 24, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
To attend, sign up in HRIS (see the sign-up instructions). Walk-in attendees are welcome.
If you are unable to attend a session for Grading in KSIS but would like to receive training, contact Fred Darkow at 785-532-3138 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability.
by Information Technology Services
The summer and fall 2018 course shells (with the exception of 900-level courses) have been created in K-State Online. Instructors now have the ability to make changes to their courses to prepare for summer and fall. Enrollments in KSIS will be automatically updated in K-State Online as they occur. Continue reading “K-State Online summer and fall 2018 automatic course creation”
KSIS training dates and times are now available for spring 2018. Instructor-led training is available for faculty, academic advisors, and staff at no charge. However, registration through HRIS is required. See Using HRIS to register for classes.
Training for staff and faculty include the following topics:
- Advising in KSIS
- Class Scheduler
- Class Scheduler Tools (NEW)
- Deans Office Staff
- Grading in KSIS
- Master Extract Reporting
- Processing Minors in KSIS
- Student Records for Academic Department Staff
- Student Records for Administrative Department Office Staff
For more information about each topic and the dates and times for training, visit the KSIS Training web page. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Fred Darkow, KSIS Training Coordinator, at email@example.com or 785-532-3138.
Training sessions for Master Extract Reporting in KSIS for spring 2018 are now available. The monthly sessions are only for staff who have been granted the Master Extract Reporting permission. The training schedule is set for one session each month.
You must have permissions set up for Master Extract Reporting in KSIS before you can take this class.
All sessions are scheduled in 306 Calvin Hall:
- Monday, Feb. 7, 11 a.m. – noon
- Tuesday, March 6, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Apr. 4, 10 – 11 a.m.
- Friday, May 4, 3 – 4 p.m.
Registration through HRIS is required. See Using HRIS to register for classes.
If the offered sessions do not fit your schedule, please contact the KSIS training coordinator, Fred Darkow, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional classes. Attendees will be notified if a session is canceled and will be asked to register for an alternative training session.
KSIS Class Scheduler training is now available or sign up in HRIS. Sessions are designed for employees new to the Class Scheduler process as well as refreshers for employees who have previously updated class schedules.
- Printing the Class Schedule report
- Updating room locations
- Updating instructors
- Updating the section status
- Other course related details
All sessions are held in 306 Calvin Hall. The dates and times for the Class Scheduler sessions are:
New Class Scheduler
- 10:30 a.m. – noon, Monday, February 12
- 2 – 3:30 p.m., Monday, March 12
- 1:30 – 3 p.m., Monday, April 9
- 10 – 11:30 a.m., Monday, May 7
Class Scheduler Tools (NEW)
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Monday, February 19
- 2 – 3 p.m., Monday, March 19
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., Monday, April 16
- 10 – 11 a.m., Monday, May 14
Class Scheduler Refresher
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., Tuesday, February 20
- 1:30 -3 p.m., Wednesday, February 21
Registration through HRIS is required. See Using HRIS to register for classes. If the current dates and times do not match your schedule, contact Fred Darkow at 532-3138 or email@example.com for more options.
Training dates for Advising in KSIS are available for sign-up in HRIS. Sessions focus on the KSU Advisor Center functions. Full-time advisors and faculty advisors are encouraged to attend. Registration through HRIS is required. See Using HRIS to register for classes.
The following Advising in KSIS sessions are in 306 Calvin Hall on the Manhattan campus. The available times are:
- Thur., Feb. 1, 3:30 – 5 p.m.
- Fri., Feb. 2, 1:30 – 3 p.m.
- Mon., Feb. 5, 1:30 – 3 p.m.
- Tues., Feb. 6, 10:30 a.m. – noon.
Topics covered during the sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Advisee information pages
- Running and viewing a DARS audit
- Removing advising flags
- Viewing program/plan history
- Viewing test scores
For more information on current advising processes, visit the KSIS for advisors web page. See the KSIS training web page for additional classes.
If the available training sessions do not meet your schedule, please contact Fred Darkow, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-3138, for further training options.
By Monty Nielsen
Grades for the fall 2017 term are due by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19 for term courses with final exams given Monday, Dec. 11 – Friday, Dec. 15.
Students will be able to view grades for regular courses in KSIS starting after 8 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 20.
See the Final Grade Submission Information – Fall 2017 page for more information about grade submission deadlines.
by Information Technology Services
Instructors can copy their final grades from K-State Online to KSIS with the Copy Grades to KSIS tool located in the left-hand navigation of each course in K-State Online. Grades for the fall 2017 term are due by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19, for term courses with final exams given Monday-Friday, Dec. 11–15. Continue reading “Copy final grades from K-State Online to KSIS”
Only one more session is available in the Fall 2017 semester for Master Extract Reporting in KSIS. You must have permissions set up for Master Extract Reporting before you can take this class.
The remaining session is scheduled to take place 3-4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 27, in 306 Calvin Hall.
To register for the session:
1. Go to hris.ksu.edu and sign in with your eID and password.
2. In the left-side menu, click Employee Self Service.
3. Click Learning and Development.
4. Click KSU Training Enrollment.
5. Scroll down the listed courses until you find KSIS: Master Extract Reporting.
6. Next to the desired class, click View Available Sessions.
7. Click the desired session number and then on the next screen, click Continue.
8. Confirm the date and time of the training session and then click Continue.
9. Type any comments desired and then click Submit.
10. Click OK to close the confirmation screen.
11. Sign out from HRIS.
If the session does not fit your schedule, please contact the training coordinator, Fred Darkow, at email@example.com to request additional classes. Attendees will be notified if a session is canceled and will be asked to register for an alternative training session.