Students who need faster help on thesis and dissertation formatting — and solutions for pesky Microsoft Word problems — can attend walk-in Electronic Theses, Dissertations, and Reports (ETDR) clinics 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. every Tuesday from Aug. 23-Nov. 8. All sessions are in 301A Hale Library.
The first session is Tuesday, Aug. 23. Bring a laptop and your lunch. Leave as soon as your questions are answered, or stay and learn about ETDR resources and how to use Word more efficiently.
Continue reading “Grad students and faculty: Weekly ETDR walk-in clinics for fall 2016”
Friday, Aug. 12, is the summer deadline for submitting theses and dissertations to the Graduate School. Students who need faster help formatting their theses and dissertations can attend the Electronic Theses, Dissertations, and Reports walk-in sessions scheduled this week. All sessions are in the Media Development Center, 213 Hale Library:
- Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 10, 9 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, Aug. 11, 2-5 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 12, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
ETDR help includes:
- Formatting and fixes in Microsoft Word
- Reviewing your ETDR to meet Graduate School requirements
- Converting to PDF
- Submitting ETDRs to the Graduate School and K-REx system
For distance students, one-on-one ETDR meetings are available via email, phone, and Zoom webconferences by using the ETDR request form (requires K-State eID/password). For more resources and services, see the ETDR website.
Graduate students who need faster help formatting their theses and dissertations can get it at the Electronic Theses, Dissertations, and Reports walk-in clinics scheduled over the next four weeks:
- Thursday, July 14, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 401B Hale Library
- Thursday, July 21, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 401B Hale Library
- Thursday, July 28, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 401B Hale Library
- Wednesday, Aug. 3, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 401B Hale Library
Continue reading “Grad students: Summer ETDR walk-in clinics offer thesis, dissertation help”
Limited ETDR support is available on Friday, April 22. Graduate students are encouraged to participate in one of the walk-in clinics scheduled earlier in the week. Here’s the full schedule of ETDR walk-in help clinics the week of April 18-22:
- Tue, April 19 — 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 301A Hale Library
- Wed, April 20 — 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., 301A Hale Library
- Wed, April 20 — 1-5 p.m., 407 Hale Library
- Thu, April 21 — 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., 301A Hale Library
- Fri, April 22 — 1-5 p.m., 407 Hale Library
Walk-in clinics are the fastest way to get ETDR help and answers. Although requests for individual, one-on-one meetings can be made via the ETDR Request Form (and may be necessary for distance students), the usual 24- to 48-hour response time may hinder students who need faster answers during the deadline week of April 18-22.
Top resources during ETDR submission deadlines
1. Graduation and ETDR submission checklist (plus deadlines)
2. Convert your ETDR to PDF
3. Select keywords and subject categories (tip: write them down). See the Guidelines for selecting keywords, and also the List of ProQuest subject categories.
4. Submit your ETDR to K-REx for Graduate School review. Watch the new 7-minute video of the K-REx submission process.
All K-State graduate students are required to submit their electronic thesis, dissertation, or report (ETDR) as part of the K-State graduation process. Some struggle with this process. The lucky ones have friends or colleagues who told them to start using a K-State ETDR template as soon as they begin writing. Because the sooner an ETDR writing template is used, the more it saves time and helps avoid formatting errors.
Stop by the new ETDR walk-in help sessions offered this semester: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. every Wednesday, Feb. 3-April 20, in 301A Hale Library. Or make an appointment with an ETDR consultant by submitting an ETDR Request Form (requires eID and password).
Graduate students who plan to meet the Nov. 20 semester deadline for submitting theses and dissertations can take advantage of the final four Electronic Theses, Dissertations, and Reports (ETDRs) help sessions this semester.
- Fri, Nov. 13, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 401B Hale Library
- Tue, Nov. 17, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 407 Hale Library
- Thu, Nov. 19, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., 407 Hale Library
- Fri, Nov. 20, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., 407 Hale Library
Continue reading “Grad students: Get thesis, dissertation help at ETDR walk-in sessions Nov. 13-20”
Graduate students and faculty advisers: ETDR walk-in workshops are scheduled over the next five weeks to provide faster help on Electronic Theses, Dissertations, and Reports before the Graduate School’s Nov. 20 semester deadline. These weekly ETDR workshops are an alternative to individual consultations. Continue reading “Thesis, dissertation ETDR walk-in workshops Oct. 22-Nov. 20”
The Graduate School’s deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14, for summer graduate students to submit electronic theses, dissertations, and reports (ETDRs) to the K-REx digital repository. During the deadline week, a computer lab has been reserved for students to walk in and get hands-on help from ETDR support staff on two days in 407 Hale Library:
- 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 12
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14
Continue reading “Grad students: Walk-in ETDR help available Wednesday, Aug. 12, and Friday, Aug. 14”
The Graduate School, K-State Libraries, and the Information Technology Assistance Center are offering two overviews in March on the Electronic Theses, Dissertations, and Reports program (ETDR).
- Wednesday, March 4, 1-3 p.m. in Union 209
- Thursday, March 26, 1:30-3:30 p.m. in Union 207
Continue reading “Grad students: Don’t miss ETDR thesis/dissertation overviews in March”
The Graduate School, K-State Libraries, and the Information Technology Assistance Center are offering two overviews this month of the Electronic Theses, Dissertations, and Reports program (ETDR). Both sessions are in Town Hall of the Leadership Studies Building.
- Friday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2-4 p.m.
Continue reading “Grad students: Don’t miss ETDR overviews Oct. 3 and Oct. 8”