SBP Reagan Kays’ first ‘From the President’s Desk’ column

Hello fellow Wildcats,

I’m excited to be writing my first weekly column as student body president at K-State. My predecessor, Eli Schooley, started publishing this letter to keep students informed on what he was doing in office. Since my vice president, Cody Kennedy, and I hold transparency and accountability in high regard, we plan to continue the tradition.

During our first two weeks in office, we’ve hit the ground running- we’ve been busy with a full schedule of meetings and discussions aimed at representing students and reaching our platform goals. On our fourth day in office, we spoke with Governor Sam Brownback to advocate for higher education funding to lessen your financial burden as a student. We’ll continue to fight for funding throughout our term, and keep you updated on what happens and how it affects you.

One thing we talked about extensively during our campaign was OrgSync, a new campus engagement platform purchased for K-State with SGA funds. With features like group text and email, file sharing, calendars, polls, forms, and more, we’re certain it will help your student organization run more efficiently and effectively. We’ve been using OrgSync personally for SGA, and I’ve been impressed with how much I can use it for.

If your student organization hasn’t had the chance to register yet, go to orgsync.com/login/kansas-state-university and join the nearly 200 groups already using OrgSync. In the past, student organizations had to send a representative to a tedious meeting to register with the Office of Student Activities and Services. Groups that register via OrgSync can skip that meeting.

If you find yourself overwhelmed with OrgSync at first, don’t worry- you’re not alone. Get in touch with us, and we’ll send an expert to meet with you and your organization to help you get the hang of the many features and tools.

That’s all for this week, but before I sign off, I want to let you know that Cody and I want to answer any questions and address any concerns you have throughout our term. Send us an email or drop by our OSAS office in the Union Courtyard. You elected us as your representatives, so we’d love to hear your input. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @KStateSBP_SBVP for updates on our day-to-day activities in office.

Until next time, go Cats!

Reagan Kays

Student Body President

rkays@ksu.edu

Your Education·Your Passion·Your Life

This entry was posted in SGA. Bookmark the permalink.