New notification, assignment, publishing, and rubric features are now available in Canvas. The new features are available in all courses and do not require instructors to activate any settings.
The following new features are now available in Canvas:
- Mute Notifications by Course — This feature displays a notifications button on the course home page and allows users to mute all notifications for the course. To learn more, view the mute notifications by course video.
- Limited Submission Attempts — This new feature allows instructors to limit submission attempts for students for an Assignment, replacing the unlimited number of times that currently can be limited only by assignment availability dates. To learn more, view the limited submission attempts video.
- Due and Availability Date Bulk Edit — This feature allows instructors to edit all assignments, discussion, and quiz dates on a single page and can be accessed from the Assignments page by clicking the three dots and then Edit Assignment Dates. To learn more, view the due and availability date bulk edit video.
- Instructor Publishing Improvements — This change helps instructors see what courses are unpublished in various Canvas locations.
- Course Navigation Rubrics Link — This feature allows course rubrics to be accessed more quickly. Additionally, the workflow is more intuitive as outcomes are not required within a rubric. To learn more, view the course navigation rubrics link video.