“NVivo 10 Advanced” is a follow-on presentation from the “NVivo 10 Basic” offered the prior month. This training will be offered 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 24, in 301 Hale Library.
This presentation will address the following:
- questions from the basic introduction of NVivo
- the basics of NVivo 10 (its interface, ingesting multimedia files, and coding data) (a review from NVivo Basic)
- how to query the collected data in an NVivo project (word frequency counts, text searches, matrix coding queries, and others)
- how to create data visualizations (word trees, word clouds, dendrograms, ring lattice graphs, and others (for analysis and presentations)
- how to conduct both types of auto-coding (by structured data and by machine learning), and
- how to output a basic report.
There will be one additional training in NVivo this fall semester, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21, in 301 Hale Library. This is titled “Using NVivo 10 to Tap Social Media Streams” and will focus on data extraction from Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
NVivo 10 Site License at K-State
K-State has a site license for NVivo 10 software (for both Windows and Mac systems) for all faculty, administrators, staff, and graduate students. This license allows two downloads and installs per individual.
The software and the activating license key may be accessed at k-state.edu/ID/KStateNVivoDownload with a current eID and password.
QSR International Trainings
An Additional Reference
Those who have already started using NVivo may want to refer to “Using NVivo: An Unofficial and Unauthorized Primer,” which is an e-book built on the Scalar platform that highlights various features of the tool. This is an evolving e-book.