- Scantron forms
- Greenbar grade sheets
- Rosters printed from K-State Online, iSIS, etc.
- Student papers with personal identity information and grades
- Data with credit card information and canceled checks
- Personnel files
- Other sensitive papers with identity or financial information
Betsy Draper, Interim Chief Information Security Officer, suggests, “If you are in doubt about shredding, err on the safe side and shred anyway.”
If you have a large amount to shred and would like to contract the work out, Document Resources Inc. is on state contract.
- Retention of Records policy — Review policies before destroying documents.
- University Retention Schedules — Length of time to retain specific documents. For additional clarification, contact Ryan Leimkuehler, University Records Manager, (785-532-5013), firstname.lastname@example.org.