K-State Online was successfully upgraded to version 9.0 Saturday, July 18. Course owners and instructors will not need to complete any additional steps to begin using K-State Online 9.0. Courses will appear as before, but will include the version 9.0 improvements. This release includes many features requested by faculty, staff, and students, such as:
- Improved efficiency and load time of Course Content and Message Board
- A complete redesign of Course Content
- A simplified method for granting assignment extensions
and much more. For the complete list of new features, improvements, and updates, see What’s New in K-State Online 9.0. A PDF version is available for easy printing and distribution to other interested faculty.
Several training classes for K-State Online are available from iTAC:
- K-State Online new features
- Getting started with K-State Online
- Managing and Organizing your Content
- Manual & Online Assignments
- Overview of the Gradebook
- Overview of Voice Tools
- Enhance Course Communications
- Managing Class Attendance
- Managing Student Groups
All classes are free for K-state faculty, staff, and graduate students, but require pre-registration. See the IT Training calendar for the complete schedule.
If you have questions about the new version, you can contact the IT Help Desk , get training from iTAC, and review the K-State Online help by signing into K-State Online and then clicking the Help link in the upper-right corner.